Here are a few stories related to Mexico that are worth reading:
- While Major League Baseball doesn’t have any teams from Mexico in the league, U.S. teams are playing south of the border. A couple spring league games were played in Mexico City this month. In April, the Cincinnati Reds and St. Louis Cardinals will be in Mexico City, while the Los Angeles Angels and Houston Astros arrive in May. For more details, read this Arizona Republic story.
- Racism is alive here and doesn’t always involve white people. The Oscars brought this to the forefront. Read more in the Los Angeles Times.
- Mayan artifacts dating to 1,000 A.D. were recently discovered on the Yucatan peninsula. NPR has the story.
- Mexico President Andrés Manuel López Obrador’s popularity keeps soaring. Read about it in this Reuters story.
- Aeroméxico grounded its Boeing 737 MAX after the deadly crash in Ethiopia. Details are here from Mexico Daily News.