South Lake Tahoe officials restriped Lake Tahoe Boulevard from the Y to Viking Road in anticipation of building a Class 1 bike trail in 2022 on the south side of the boulevard. The lane changes are to get people used to what it will be like. (Video: Kathryn Reed)
When I'm not writing or editing or reading, you'll likely find me outside playing or enjoying a glass of wine with friends.
Kenya's elephant population has more than doubled since the 1980s, and one national park is currently having a 'baby boom' thanks to a relief from drought — and the country's efforts to stop poachers. https://trib.al/xYdspi4
Author of Lake Tahoe hiking and snowshoeing books.
- Hotel establishments learning to pivot in changing climate August 15, 2020
- Kahlúa’s rich history steeped in coffee growing region of Mexico August 12, 2020
- History of Carson Valley comes alive at Dangberg Ranch August 10, 2020
- Solving Emerald Bay congestion in final planning stage August 7, 2020
- Tahoe designed face coverings are more than functional, stylish masks August 5, 2020
- Tahoe hiking book featured in El Dorado County magazine August 4, 2020
- Chihuahuas have a whole state in Mexico named after them August 3, 2020
- Book Review: Compilation of travel essays a journey worth taking August 1, 2020
- Adjusting to mangoes in Baja being affordable and in U.S. a bit pricey July 29, 2020
- Humans good at disrupting food web of wild animals July 27, 2020